Do you think that a Chocolate Bacon Banana Bundt Cake is a strange but good/weird flavor combination? So do I! Which is why I made the exact cake for this months #BundtBakers theme of "Strange but good/weird flavor combinations"! At the bottom of this post you will find many others that fit the description, so you can find the perfect one that fits you!
Chocolate Bacon Banana Bundt Cake
(makes 10-12 mini bundts)
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 2/3 cups Sugar
1 1/4 cups Mashed Bananas
2/3 cup Butter, softened
2/3 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cups Powdered Baking Chocolate
1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
6 Slices Bacon + 3 for garnish
1 Banana for garnish
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
4 cups Confectioner's Sugar
2 tablespoons clear Vanilla flavoring
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
4.5 ounces Milk Chocolate Bar, chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
preheat oven to 350 degrees
Start mixing together the flour, sugar, banana, and butter.
Add the buttermilk, eggs, chocolate, baking soda and baking powder.
Use shortening to grease your bundt pan. I use a brush that is only used for baking to help me get in the nooks and crannies. After it is greased, place 1 tablespoon of flour in each mold and shake the flour around to coat. If some spots are not sticking, add a little more spray from your brush, flour and shake again.
Chop the bacon you are putting in the bundt cakes. You might use more or less bacon depending on how much you like it. Save 3 pieces for garnish.
Spoon the batter into each mini bundt, about half way. Add some bacon to the batter. Add as much as you like. Use a toothpick to push each piece down in the batter. Add a little more batter on top.
Bake 10-15 minutes, or until done. Release around the cakes with a toothpick, then let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove cakes from pan and allow to cool completely.
Mix the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream together until smooth. In another bowl, add the chopped chocolate bar and the heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 20 seconds, then mix completely together. If more is needed, put back in for 5 second intervals. Add more cream if it is not to a drizzle consistency.
Chop bacon and cut banana slices for garnish.
Add frosting to the cake by dragging it down the sides, using a Wilton M1 tip and a decorating bag.
Drizzle chocolate over the white frosting. Sprinkle bacon pieces over the frosting. Add banana slice for garnish right before serving!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and checking out this strange but good/weird flavor combination mini bundt cake. Don't forget to see what everyone else in the #BundtBakers family made for today's fun and yummy challenge!
These wonderful good/weird combinations are hosted today by June from How To Philosophize About Cake.
Thank you June!
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
- Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Beet and Beer Red Velvet Bundt Cake by I Sugar Coat It
- Beet and Blood Orange Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Black Pepper and Red Wine Bundt Cake by Passion Kneaded
- Caramelized Pineapple Blue Cheese Corncake Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Lemon Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Chocolate Liquorice Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Chocolate Potato Bundt Cake with Strawberry Glaze by Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Tomato Soup Bundt Cake by SpiceRoots
- Coconut and Rose Syrup Bundt Cake by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Coconut, Cardamom, and Orange Cake by Baking Yummies
- Dark Chocolate Beet Cake by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Dark Chocolate Stout Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Junk Food Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Rosemary Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lovely Fields Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Mini Mayonnaise and Chocolate Bundt Cakes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Olive Oil Rosemary Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Orange Bourbon Rosemary Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
- Peanut Butter Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Six Flavor Bundt by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Triple Rum Black Pepper Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake