Makes 5-6 dozen cookies, depending on size
4 3/4 cups Flour
1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
3 teaspoon Baking Powder
pinch of Salt
2 cups Butter, softened
2 cups Sugar
2 teaspoon Almond Extract
6 oz. Warm Water
5 tablespoons Meringue Powder
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
2.25 pounds Confectioner's Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Mix in eggs and almond extract. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated and the dough comes together.
The dough needs to be chilled. Roll a spatula full of dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper. The dough should be 1/4" thick.Cover the dough with parchment paper. Place on a cookie sheet, covered with plastic, into the refrigerator. Do this until all the dough is rolled between pieces of parchment. By the time you are done, the dough you put on the cookie sheet first will be done.
Start cutting the dough with the cookie cutter. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes. Make the frosting recipe. When cookies are done, let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Fill a decorating bag with frosting. Start decorating the football cookies as shown above. Use a #2 tip for everything. Let dry completely.
For more detailed directions on making the cookie dough and the frosting, read how I have made them in the past.
Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Baking!
Scroll down the page to see how the rest of the #SundaySupper family is celebrating football this year! Thank you so much to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for hosting today's fun event!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books 'n Cooks
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline's Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Seven-Layer Hoagie Dip by Foodtastic Mom
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica's Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket's Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by New South Charm
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Pork Steamed Shumai by Asian in America
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Loaded Potato Skins Southwestern Style by Simple and Savory
- Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake