Are there some recipes that you miss, or some that you haven't thought about in a quite a while? You know what I'm talking about? The ones that your grandmother or your aunts, used to make for family gatherings, and you might talk about them sometimes, but it has been a while since you actually had any to eat. Well, today for #SundaySupper we are talking about those ~Nostalgic Summer Recipes!
For me, that means Pineapple Upside Down Cake. One of my long time favorites, but one I hardly ever make. I loved the sweet tanginess of the pineapple rings and the crunch of the cherries mixed with that melted brown sugar. Heavenly! But I thought it might be time for a slight update. So I made the cakes in mini size, used shredded pineapple and chopped cherries, and let the cake sit on a bed of pineapple juice with a drizzle on top. A kind of Pineapple Upside Down Cake 2.0! I hope you like the upgrade!
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Makes 4 mini cakes
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk Baking Mix
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Shortening
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons Butter
4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 can Crushed Pineapple
1 jar Maraschino Cherries
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1-2 pineapple juice
4 mini Cheesecake Pans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the baking mix, sugar, milk, shortening, vanilla and egg.
Melt the butter and distribute it evenly into the four pans. Swish it around to cover the bottom and some of the sides.
Add some of the shredded pineapple into the pan, lightly covering the brown sugar. Cut one marashino cherry for each cake. Chop the cherry into 8 small pieces, and sprinkle onto the pineapple.
Fill the pan halfway with the batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Mix together the powdered sugar and the pineapple juice. Add the juice a little at a time until the mix is slightly thickened. Place a circle of juice mix on the middle of serving plate. Place upside down cake on top of mix. Drizzle cake with juice mix. Sprinkle plate with pineapple and cherry pieces.
Enjoy your Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
There are a lot more recipes to see! Scroll down and check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper family prepared for today!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline's Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Summer's Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S'mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Mom's Rhubarb Cake by Monica's Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin' Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic