I think you are going to love these Chicken Street Tacos! They are easy to make, and even though the ingredient list is long, you probably have most of the items in your pantry already! I like this recipe because although I wrote this post as if you are making a plate of tacos, it would also work if you wanted to serve the tacos as a buffet with everyone making their own. It would be a bit easier on the hostess, too!
Any way you want to serve these, they will be a favorite with your friends and family, and perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo! Enjoy!
Chicken Street Tacos
(printable recipe at end of page)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Fresh Lime
1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 cup Orange Juice
1 Fresh Lime
1 small white Onion
small Flour or Corn Tortillas
1 teaspoon Butter
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1 Fresh Corn on the Cob
1 teaspoon Butter
Salt and Pepper
Lettuce to garnish plate
Make the homemade Crema first. You can buy this at the store if you don't want to make it, but it tastes really great when it is homemade. Whisk together the sour cream and whipping cream until it is smooth. Add the juice from a fresh lime and whisk together. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Cut your chicken breasts to any size pieces you want. We will be shredding them later. Place in a pan and add the orange juice and the juice from a fresh lime. Refrigerate for 1 hour-1 1/2 hour.
Dice onions and set aside.
Grill tortillas on grill. Set aside. You can also heat them in the oven or microwave.
When the time is up, heat a frying pan with butter and add the minced garlic. Sprinkle the cumin on both sides of each piece of chicken and place in the pan to cook on medium high. Turn when necessary until golden brown. Throw the marinade away. Remove from pan and let cool.
Place the cut corn in a frying pan with butter. Add salt and pepper to corn and fry on medium high heat until cooked.
As soon as the chicken has cooled enough to handle it, start shredding it apart.
Start building your street tacos. Place chicken on the taco and add onion, corn, cheese, salsa, crema, avocado.
These Chicken Street Tacos taste great with the added taste of a shredded cilantro leaf, and a squeeze of fresh lime!
Thank you for joining me to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! The Sunday Supper family has a lot more tasty recipes to share with you! Scroll down a bit and check out all the great recipes for celebrating!
Muchas Gracias to Shelby from Grumby's Honeybunch for hosting today!
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Micheladas by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Pineapple Agua Fresca by Authentically Candace
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified