I made one change I had never done before, and it really changed the entire recipe. It made the shrimp soft and wonderful tasting by cooking it in a mixture of butter and orange juice. It is awesome! Read how I made my new favorite shrimp recipe, and you might be surprised to find out how easy it is!
Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce
(printable recipe at end of page)
1 Fresh Lime
1/2 Fresh Lemon
1 pound fresh or frozen Shrimp (16-20ct)
1 tablespoon Butter
2-3 ounces Orange Juice
3-4 ounces Lemon Yogurt
Bring your lime and lemon to room temperature. Use a knife or something similar to roll over the entire surface of the fruit. It will loosen the membrane of the fruit and the juice will flow better. Squeeze both juices into a small bowl together. Set aside.
Peel and devein the shrimp. We did that on this page! Make sure to leave the tales on. Place them on a platter and sprinkle the black pepper and garlic powder over both sides of the shrimp. But together an ice bath by placing ice in a bowl and covering it with water. Use a large bowl that will accommodate the ice, water and shrimp. Set aside.
In a medium or large frying pan, melt the butter over high heat. Add the orange juice, 1 teaspoon lemon/lime juice, and mix together. Add the shrimp to the pan.
Let the shrimp cook for 4-5 minutes. Watch for the shrimp to turn orange and white. Turn each shrimp over and let it cook for 3-4 more minutes. If you notice some of the shrimp are not cooking as quick as they should be, take some of the cooked ones out of the pan, and move the uncooked ones to the bottom of the pan.
Once the shrimp are done, pour the sauce through a strainer into a bowl.
Immediately place the cooked shrimp in the ice bath that you prepared earlier.
While the shrimp are cooling, make the dipping sauce by whisking 3-4 ounces of the yogurt with the lemon lime juice. Add the juice a little at a time until you are happy with the consistency.
Serve the chilled shrimp with the sauce!
Enjoy this springy, citrusy delight!
Thank you for stopping by and visiting today!
I would love if you would follow The Freshman Cook:
Continue to scroll down the page and find more delicious recipes for celebrating spring from the #SundaySupper family!
Thank you to Lisa from Jersey Girl Cooks for hosting today!
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline's Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket's Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf