Strawberries in the winter! Can you believe it? As a little girl growing up, we seldom had fresh fruit in the winter. It was unheard of. When I would have a craving for strawberries and there was snow on the ground in Ohio, I was told to “wait for summer”! Ugh, do you know how long that is when you are 8 years old? F-o-r-e-v-e-r! But now I am an adult and one of the things I am loving~Fresh from Florida Strawberries! And I mean FRESH!, and in the winter! I can enjoy A Taste of Summer All Winter Long! These strawberries are amazing. I tasted them and I immediately had to make this Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait. It is such a great way to start your day. This recipe contains 8 strawberries, which just so happens to be enough to fullfill your Vitamin C requirements for the day, and they are only 50 calories! You can find out more about Florida Strawberries from Strawberry Sue!
This post is sponsored by the Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait
This makes 1 ~ 8oz. parfait
8-10 Fresh from Florida Strawberries
5-6 ounces Plain Yogurt
1/4 cup granola
Wash and pat dry 8-9 strawberries. Cut the stems off and cut them in half lengthwise.
Place some of the berries in your glass at the bottom with the sliced top facing down. I used an 8 ounce glass for this recipe. You want to create a circle of strawberries around the bottom of the glass. If you need additional berries just add them.
Dice your remaining strawberry halves into small pieces.
Add yogurt to the inside of the berry circle and a little over the top also. Use a pastry bag or just a spoon if you want. Top the yogurt with 1/2 of the granola. Add the diced strawberries to the top of the yogurt.
Use a pastry bag, or a spoon, to top off the strawberries with more yogurt. Add a few pieces of granola to the top of the yogurt, a tiny bit of chocolate shavings and a big, fresh strawberry!
Enjoy your healthy, nutritious breakfast! It takes only minutes to prepare and it is so easy to add flavor and nutrition to your first meal of the day! Start your day this way, and how can it be anything but great! Kick off the new year with Fresh from Florida Strawberries!
Check out these sites for more information on Florida Strawberries and Strawberry Sue from the Florida Strawberry Growers Association!
Check out the Show Us Your #FLStrawberry Instagram Contest:
- Share a photo on your Instagram account featuring a strawberry using the hashtag #FLStrawberry and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card
- Contest runs from 12:01amET on 12/27/15 to 12:01amET on 01/17/16. Your Instagram account must be public to submit entries to the contest in order to qualify. Otherwise, we won’t be able to see your picture
- The potential winner(s) will be chosen at random and announced during the LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party on 01/17/16. Winner(s) will be tagged on Instagram as well and must respond to claim their prize within 24 hours of announcement or another winner(s) will be chosen.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Submitting entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- All entries must comply with the Instagram Terms of Service and Instagram Rules available on the Instagram website.
- All entrants must be US resident 18 years of age or older
- No purchase necessary to enter
- Entrant’s normal text messaging/data charges may apply. The Sponsor(s) is not responsible for charges you may incur
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
Here are some amazing Strawberry recipes from #SundaySupper members:
Strawberries for Starters
Strawberries for Breakfast
Strawberries for Lunch
Strawberries for Dinner
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.