Gooey Fresh Cinnamon Rolls
makes 15-17 rolls
1 1/4 ounce package Active Dry Yeast
1 cup warm Milk (102-110 degrees F)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Salt
4 cups Flour
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
1/2 cup Butter, softened
8 ounces Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Begin the rolls by dissolving the yeast in a large bowl of warm milk. In a separate bowl add together the sugar, butter, salt, and eggs. Add flour to mix, and then add in the bowl of milk. Use your hands to form the dough. Sprinkle some flour on the counter and place the dough on it. Knead together until all the flour is incorporated.
Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with plastic. Find a warm place so the dough can rise to double the size. I usually use my laundry room, because it is a warm room, and if it isn't, you can run the dryer. I have also used a space heater to warm up a small area, like a laundry room or closet. It really helps the dough rise.
Roll out the dough onto a floured surface. The dough should be rolled out to 16" across and 21" down. It should also be 1/4" thickness.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To make the filling, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Evenly spread the softened butter over the dough with an offset knife or a pastry brush. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mix evenly over the butter.
Start rolling the dough from the right to the left. Continue rolling to the other edge. One it is rolled, start measuring on top of the roll, marking every 1 1/4". Start at one end and cut the roll at the marks.
As you cut, place rolls on to a baking sheet. Evenly space the rolls as you place them. Put them in a warm place to rise until they double in size. This should take about 30 minutes. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
While the rolls are baking, make the cream cheese frosting by mixing together the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Beat well until creamy.
Spread frosting generously, on to each roll, or spread on to the rolls you want to eat right now, and refrigerate the frosting until you are ready to eat them.
Enjoy these heavenly rolls of cinnamon goodness!
A couple additional notes:
*Once the rolls are baked and cooled they can be frozen.
*You can make these rolls bigger by cutting them into 1 3/4" pieces.
*To keep the ends of the cut rolls from sticking out from the rolls, make them stick them to the rolls by putting a dab of butter on the inside edge and it will adhere to the roll while baking.
Check below to see all the amazing recipes from the Sunday Supper Family!
A special thank you to our hostess for today's event, Sarah, who blogs at The Chef Next Door!
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla