I can remember lots of sleepovers when my son was little. It was always fun for me because I got to be creative and make tasty foods. One night we made caramel apples, which was a great time! Everyone made their own, from dipping into the caramel to adding the sprinkles. This activity brings out the creativity in everyone! This Make It Yourself Caramel Apple Bar is a great way to celebrate special days and events, like fall! You can coordinate the sprinkles and decorations to fit any occasion, and it is a great time for your guests!
Make It Yourself Caramel Apple Bar
(printable recipe at end of post)
Trader Joes Organic Apples
Sticks for apples
Mini reese cups, mini reese pieces, mini bullseyes, mini candy corn
Sprinkles, crushed mints
Chopped nuts, crushed whoppers, mini marshmallows, smarties
Take each apple and dunk it into boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and wipe dry. This will remove the wax from the apples.
Place sticks into each apple.
Melt caramel in a crock pot, or a pot on the stove. Do the same thing to the chocolate.
Place candies, nuts, and sprinkles in containers with easy access.Make your caramel apples anyway you like. As you can tell by the pictures, we are not Picasso's here at The Freshman Cook house, but we sure enjoyed making these and eating them too!
I hope you and your family give this a try, and I would love to see how you decorate your apple!
Thanks for stopping by today! Keep reading to find a list of what wonderful creations the #SundaySupper family made for today!
Much thanks to Marion from Life Tastes Good, for hosting today's tasty event!
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey