Today for #SundaySupper we are all about salads, and this salad gives you the picnic feel even if you are not on one! You have your fried chicken, potato salad, hard boiled eggs, and a few more tasty bites. I wanted to add baked beans, but I was talked out of it! (I still think it might be good!)
Chicken Fried Picnic Salad
(printable recipe at end of post)
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 teaspoon Mustard
2 teaspoon Sugar
2 hard boiled Eggs
3 medium Potatoes
2pounds boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups Flour
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
6 packs Ritz Crackers Everything flavor
Oil for frying
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup Corn Niblets
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 pieces Bacon
Dressing of your choice
Boil 4-6 eggs. Start by placing the eggs in a pan and covering them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes. Take pan off the heat and place under the faucet. Run cold water into the pan until the eggs are cold. Make sure the eggs are completely cooled before peeling. Set aside.
Chop potatoes into large bite sized pieces. Place in cold water. Bring water to a boil and boil until pieces are tender. Check with a fork. It should only be about 5-10 minutes. Drain and cool potatoes. They can be cooled in the refrigerator.
Once potatoes are completely cooled, place them in a large bowl. Chop up 2 of the hard boiled eggs and add them to the bowl.
In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, and sugar. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and mix. Sprinkle with ground pepper. Refrigerate.
Filet the chicken breasts if they are too thick.
Cut out any veins and fatty pieces.
Slice chicken into slices.
Set up a mini frying station with flour, add the garlic powder and pepper.
Put eggs in another dish and whip.
Coat each piece of chicken with the flour, dip in the eggs, and roll in the crushed crackers.
Pan fry each chicken piece in oil. I fried at 330 degrees to brown the outside and make sure the inside was cooked, turning 4 times, cooking each time for 1 minute.
Pan fry the corn in a teaspoon of butter.
Cook bacon and chop. Chop onion.
Chop up the romaine and the iceberg. Mix them together and place on a plate or in a bowl to serve.
Quarter 2 hard boiled eggs and place on top of lettuce. Add tomatoes. Add corn, bacon and sunflower seeds. Place 5 dollops of potato salad around the salad. Place chicken tenders on top of salad.
Drizzle with your favorite dressing, and enjoy!
Thanks for joining me today!
Scroll down and find more gorgeous salads created by #SundaySupper family members!
Sunday Supper Summer Dinner Salad Recipes
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread