Irish Shepherd's Pie
This recipe makes 2 -8 ounce pies
1 medium Shallot
2 medium Potatoes
1/2 tablespoon softened Butter
1-2 teaspoons Whipping Cream
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 pound Ground Beef
1/2 cup Corn
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 tablespoon Beef Stock
Dice the shallot with a rough chop.
Peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces for boiling.
Place potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water and boil until soft. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and add them to a bowl you can mix in. Add the butter and start mixing on low. Slowly add the cream, a little at a time. You want the consistency of the potatoes to be soft and smooth, not too loose.
Toss olive oil, shallots, ground beef and corn into a frying pan. Brown the beef. Season with salt and pepper. The shallots and corn will cook as the beef browns. Mix in the tomato paste, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce. You could also add a little red wine. Let simmer for a minute or two.
Spray the inside of the pans with pan spray. Fill approximately 3/4 full with the ground beef mix.
Place mashed potato on top of the filling. Smooth the top.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the entire top. You want it to form a parmesan crust when it is cooked. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Watch for the cheese to brown and smell amazing! Remove from oven and enjoy!
My husband likes this with gravy added to the top. I like it with a scoop of sour cream. Both are very tasty!
Thanks for joining me today, but don't say good bye! Scroll down and see all the savory and sweet pies made by members of the #SundaySupper family! There is something for everyone!
Thank you to Erica from The Crumby Cupcake for hosting today!
#SundaySupper Pies: Sweet and Savory Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd's Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n' Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement