Hummingbird Bundt Cake
Makes 12 mini bundt cakes
1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3 large Eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Canola Oil
1 3/4 cup Mashed Bananas (5-6 bananas)
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
8 ounce can Crushed Pineapple
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups sifted Confectioner's Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-2 tablespoon Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place chopped pecans on a cookie sheet. Toast in oven for 9-10 minutes, stirring pecans half way through.
Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Add eggs, canola oil, bananas, vanilla and pineapple together in a medium bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Stir together until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
Grease and flour pan.
Fill with batter and bake for 20-22 minutes. Check with a toothpick. Let cool for 10 minutes. Release cakes from pan, and let cool completely.
Mix together cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla and milk.
Use a decorating bag to pipe the the frosting on to bundt cakes. Sprinkle with toasted pecans, and enjoy!
Just scroll down a bit to see more retro bundt cakes from members of #BundtBakers. They are sure to bring back some great memories!
Thanks so much to Felice from All That's Left Are The Crumbs for hosting today's event!
- Boston Cream Bundt by Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food
- Boston Cream Pie Bundt Cake by Mary at Los Chatos Chefs
- Campbell's Tomato Soup Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Coca~Cola Bundt Cake by Mondo at I Bake He Shoots
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Inside-Out Ho Hos Lava Bundt Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Key Lime Bundt Cake by Sarah at The Chef Next Door
- Lemon Meringue Pie Bundt by Felice at All That's Left are the Crumbs
- New York Style Crumb Cake by Tammy at Living the Gourmet
- Nutella Chocolate MIlkshake Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cake by Sue at Palatable Pastime
- Pantera Rosa Bundt Cake by Rocío at kidsandchic
- Root Beer Float Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Sock It To Me Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Milkshake Swirl Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Tomato Soup Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Tunnel of Fudge Cake by Kelly at Passion Kneaded