These Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls are loaded with flavor and quickly gobbled up at parties! Do you ever host parties with appetizers? I love all appetizers, and I love a party that serves only appetizers! It could be the fact that it doesn't feel like I am eating a lot when I indulge in appetizers, or it might be that I love trying new flavors, and apps are a great way to do that. From nuts to dim sum, there is always something you will love at an appetizer party!
(printable recipe at end of post)
( makes 12-15)
1 pound Shrimp (20-25 ct)
1/4 cup White Rice
1/4 cup Salsa
1/4 cup Orange Peppers
1/4 cup Red Peppers
1/3 of a Serrano Pepper
1 Green Onion
1 cup cooked Pinto Beans
2 tablespoon Yellow Onion, chopped small
2-3 teaspoons Chipotle Seasoning
Egg Roll Wrappers
Monterey Jack Cheese
Oil for frying
2 tablespoons Salsa
1 tablespoon Sour Cream
1-2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Peel and devein the shrimp. Rinse shrimp. Chop in to small bite size pieces.
Cook the rice. Add salsa to the rice and mix together.
Place the rice and salsa into a medium frying pan. Chop the yellow and orange peppers, serrano pepper and green onion. Place them in the pan. Drain the pinto beans, reserving the juice. Add 2 tablespoons of the juice, the yellow onion, chipotle seasoning and shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is done.
To wrap the mix in a egg roll wrapper:
1. Place the egg roll wrapper in a diagonal direction, place cheese in the middle of the wrapper.
2. Add shrimp mix to top of cheese.
3. Add more cheese to the top of the mix.
4. Use a paint brush, that is only used for cooking, to spread a thin line of water around the edges of the wrapper.
5. Pull the left and right sides of the wrapper to the center of the wrapper.
6. Bring up the bottom of the wrapper and tuck it over the filling.
7. Roll the egg roll up towards the top and secure the tip of the egg roll wrapper on the egg roll.
8. Continue to fill all egg rolls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fry the egg rolls in a pan filled half way with oil. Bring oil to 325 degrees. Fry until brown. Drain on paper towels.
Make guacamole by mashing the avocado pulp, and mixing the salsa, sour cream, garlic salt and lemon juice. Cut egg rolls diagonally and serve. Enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by and visiting today!
Thank you to Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting this fun appetizer event today!
Scroll down just a bit and you will find a list of all the tasty recipes created by Sunday Supper members!:
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf