Chocolate Mint Thumbprints
(printable recipe at end of post)
6 squares Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 3/4 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
5-6 Candy Canes, crushed
1. Microwave the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl on high until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in each one before adding one.
4. Mix flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
5. Add flour mix to egg mix, and mix well.
6. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Roll dough into 1" balls. Place on baking sheet.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.
10. Immediately press in the center of the cookie and fill with crushed candy cane pieces. Let cool!
( For some reason, none of my how-to pictures turned out, but if you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com)
Don't forget to see all the others cookies baked for Day 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!!
Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies, hosted by Family Around the Table and Cooking With Carlee. We will be filling the season with all kinds of delicious cookies. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on Facebook or Twitter by searching #ChristmasCookies. We also have a 12 Days of Cookies Pinterest board where you can see all of the goodness! May your holidays be sweet!
Chocolate Mint Thumbrints from The Freshman Cook
Clint's Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cooking With Carlee
Lemon Sprinkles from A Palatable Pastime
Mocha Drop Cookies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies from Family Around the Table
Pebber Nodder from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Spritz Cookies from The Chef Next Door
Tender Italian Sugar Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal