Spring Cookie Bouquet
5 cups Flour
3 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Butter
2 cups Sugar
2 teaspoon Almond Extract
3/4 cup Warm Water
5 tablespoons Meringue Powder
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
2.25 pounds Confectioner's Sugar
Make the cookie dough by mixing together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and airy. Add the eggs and almond extract. You can substitute vanilla instead, if you want. Add the flour mix, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated into the batter.
Place some dough on the center of half a piece of parchment paper. Fold the paper over it and start rolling the paper, which means also rolling the dough, to a 1/4" thickness. Do this with all of your dough. With this recipe, you will end up with 5-6 pieces of parchment paper filled with dough. Stack all the pieces on a half sheet pan, cover with plastic, and refrigerate. It will take about 30 minutes for the dough to chill.
Take the dough out, 1 piece at a time and cut out the cookies. Re roll unused dough and refrigerate again.
Cut out a small piece of cookie dough. Place the stick on the back of the cookie, and cover it with the dough. Turn cookie for baking.
It will look nice and smooth after baking, and the stick will be secure.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
Mix frosting by pouring the water and the meringue powder in to a large bowl you can mix in. Whisk together until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and whisk again. Pour all the sugar in at one time. Mix on low for 10 minutes. The frosting will get thick and creamy. Cover so it will not become dry. Tint with colors in separate bowls.
Fill decorating bags with desired colors. Use a #2 tip for outlining.
Fill in and decorate cookies. Let dry 24-48 hours.
Enjoy your Spring cookie Bouquet!
Thanks for joining me today!
Don't forget to check out how all the other SundaySupper family members are celebrating spring! Look at all these great recipes!
Thank you to Renee from Renee's Kitchen Adventures for hosting today!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline's Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica's Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu's Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake