Festive Shrimp Bites
(makes 26-30 bites)
1 pound extra large raw shrimp, shell on
2 teaspoons Zatarains concentrated Shrimp and Crab Boil
8 ounce Cream Cheese-softened
1/2 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce
1-2 teaspoons Milk
Nabisco Whole Wheat Premium Rounds Crackers
1/4 pound Pecorino Romano Cheese-finely grated
2-3 Green Onions-sliced very thin
Wash and peel the shrimp, but leave the tail on.
Although I bought shrimp that was deveined, that generally only refers to the top vein. I devein the underside also. It may take some extra time, but it looks better and is much cleaner.
Boil a pot of water to cook the shrimp. Add the shrimp boil according to the package directions. As soon as you drain the shrimp, pour ice over it to stop the cooking. Let the shrimp sit until cool. Once the shrimp is cooled, refrigerate the shrimp until you are ready to put the appetizer together.
Mix together the cream cheese, sweet chilli sauce, and milk with an electric mixer. Pipe sauce on to the crackers with a cake decorating bag and large open tip.
Place a shrimp on top of each cracker. Sprinkle with the green onions and grated cheese.
Enjoy this easy holiday appetizer! Thanks for stopping by!
Check out these great recipes and find more ideas from the #SundaySupper family for Easy Holiday Entertaining.
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Pancetta Goat Cheese Appetizer Bites by Food Done Light
- Beer Pull Apart Bread by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Holiday Seafood Fest (La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles