Tortellini Caprese Bites
Makes 60 skewers~ adapted from Southern Living Recipes
1 (9oz) package refrigerated Cheese Filled Tortellini
3 cups halved Grape Tomatoes
24 oz. Fresh Small Mozzarella Cheese Balls
60 (6") Wooden Skewers
1/2 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
Fresh Ground Pepper
Whisk together the vinegar and salt. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until smooth. Stir in basil and fresh ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Cut grape tomatoes in half.
Thread 1 tomato half, 1 cheese ball, (I used Ciliegine size) another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place skewers in a dish, like a 13x9 inch baking dish. Pour vinaigrette over skewers to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope this recipe is something you will try. I know you will enjoy it. It would make a great addition to your New Years Eve Party Buffet!
Looking for more last minute ideas? Find something you love in this list from the #SundaySupper family!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.