I made some Tropical Fruit Cups topped with a Pina Colada Sauce to get into the spirit of things. These fruit cups are made with flaked coconut, they have a little tapioca pudding in them topped with shredded pineapple and some yummy Pina Colada Sauce. I know you will love them!
Tropical Fruit Cups
Makes 6 cups
1 cup Coconut Flakes
1/4 cup Sugar
1/8 cup + 1 tablespoon Flour
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg Whites
Pina Colada Mix
1 tablespoon Flour
1/4 cup Coconut
6 Maraschino Cherries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together the coconut flakes, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg white.
Grease the sides and bottom of 4 cups of the tins. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mix into each of the 4 cups. Spread the mix across the bottom and up the sides.
Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely on rack.
Make tapioca according to the package directions on the tapioca pearls, or buy premade tapioca if you prefer.
Make pina colada sauce by heating up the pina colada mix in a shallow pan. While it is heating, make a roux by placing flour in a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of water to the flour and mix together. This is your roux. Continue to heat the mix, as you add the roux to the pina colada mix. The roux will start to heat and become part of the sauce. As it heats it thickens the mix to make it into a sauce.
Place the coconut into a small frying pan. Heat on medium. As the pan heats up, it will toast the coconut. As it does, make sure to stir the coconut so that it all gets toasted.
Build the cups by first adding the tapioca to the cup. Top it with shredded pineapple, add the pina colada sauce, and then the shredded coconut. Top with a cherry.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you enjoy this Pina Colada recipe!
Thank you to Constance from Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting today's tasty event. Stop by and visit her blog for lots more wonderful recipes!
Make sure to check out what all the other Pina Colada inspired recipes from the rest of the SundaySupper family!
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table