Stuffed Ravioli w/ Alfredo Sauce
1 cup fresh Ricotta, drained
8 ounces fresh Mozzarella, chopped in to tiny pieces
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon Water
1 tbl Butter
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
4-5 ounces fresh shredded Asiago Cheese
2 ounces 3 Cheese Italian (Parmesan, Asiago, Romano)
Mix together the eggs, Ricotta, and Mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate until later.
Mix together the flour and salt in a food processor. Add eggs and mix together. If dough appears to be too dry, add just a few drops of water at a time. The dough should not be sticky.
Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Wrap 5 in plastic wrap to keep it from becoming too dry.
Cut the other piece in to two pieces and roll both of them out on a lightly floured surface, as thin as you possibly can. A 5x5 piece is a good size. Place very small portions of the filling onto one piece of dough. Use a small brush dabbed with water to brush between the spots of filling, and around the edges.
Place the second piece of dough on top of the first. Use your finger to press the dough together so it will adhere to the water.
Cut between the pieces of dough with a pizza cutter or pastry wheel. Trim the edges so they are clean and straight. The cheese filling can sometimes start to come out. If that happens, squeeze the dough together until it sticks. Do this again until all your dough is used. Place all the raviolis on a cookie sheet, and place in the fridge until ready to use.
When you are ready to make the alfredo sauce, start the pot of hot water boiling to cook the raviolis. Once it is boiling, add the raviolis, They will take approx. 10 minutes to cook.
In a large sauce pan. melt the butter and pour in the whipping cream. Put the temperature on high, and constantly stir the sauce. Start adding the fresh Asiago cheese, mixing quickly as the cheese melts into the cream.
Keep adding more cheese, a little at a time, until the sauce is cheesy and starts to bubble up. As it bubbles, it will get thicker. Remove from heat when it is thick enough.
Plate the ravioli and then top with alfredo sauce. Add the 3 cheese Italian to the top. Add a piece of Italian bread to sop up all the extra sauce! Mangia!
Thanks for joining me today for this Italian Feast! The rest of the SundaySupper family has contributed Italian dishes I know you will love. Keep scrolling down to find them!
Thanks so much to Manuela Zangara from Manu's Menu for hosting today's tasty event!
- Cacio e Uova Meatless Recipe from She Loves Biscotti
- Gnocchi alla Romana from Tramplingrose
- Italian Rice Balls from My World Simplified
- Rosemary Focaccia from Curious Cuisiniere
- Tomato Caprese with Burrata from Casa de Crews
- Asparagus and lemon risotto from Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Braised Italian-Style Beef Short Ribs from Hardly A Goddess
- Bruschetta Chicken from Meal Planning Magic
- Bucatini with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce from The TipToe Fairy
- Orechietti with Broccoli Rabe and Shrimp from Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Bake from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Vodka Sauce from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Eggplant Parmesan from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Fast Faux-Baked Ziti from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Florentine Pizza from A Mind Full Mom
- Gluten Free Meatballs with Homemade Sauce from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Green and Yellow Artichoke Tortellini with Mushrooms, Pancetta and Spring Peas with White Wine Reduction from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Mushroom Bolognese Pasta Recipe from Life Tastes Good
- Parma Rosa Baked Ziti from Palatable Pastime
- Pasta Con Sarde a Mare – Pasta with Sardines at Sea from Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta e Fagioli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Penne with Sausage in Creamy Boursin Cheese Recipe from Feeding Big and more
- Pesce all’Aqua Pazza from Monica’s Table
- Polenta-Crusted Italian Sausage Pies from Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Agnolotti from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Slow Cooker Lasagna from Food Lust People Love
- Stuffed Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce from The Freshman Cook
- Tuscan Kale Pesto Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Tuscan Porterhouse with Balsamic-Rosemary Steak Sauce and Seared Radicchio from The Texan New Yorker
- Tuscan Style Chicken Breasts from Simple and Savory
- Zuppa Toscana from Momma’s Meals
- Italian Berries, Mascarpone and Marsala Budini from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Berry Tiramisu from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Poke Cake from Moore or Less Cooking
- Cherry Walnut Biscotti from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Tiramisu from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fiordilatte Gelato from Manu’s Menu
- Italian Cream Cheesecake from The Crumby Cupcake
- Lemoncello Tiramisu from The Redhead Baker
- Limoncello Cookies from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Orange and Almond Ricotta Cheesecake from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries from The Chef Next Door
- Salame al Cioccolato (Chocolate Salami) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Panna Cotta from From Gate to Plate
- Tiramisu Semifreddo from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Wine and Cheese Chocolate Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Zabaglione Gelato from Magnolia Days
- Bicerin (Italian Coffee) from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Limoncello from Our Good Life
- Liquore all’Alloro from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sgroppino (Frothy Italian Sorbetto Cocktail) from The Wimpy Vegetarian