(makes 2 pints)
2 pounds Roma Tomatoes
3.25 ounces of White Onion
1 clove Garlic
3/4 of an Anaheim Pepper
10-15 Cilantro Leaves
sprinkle of Salt
sprinkle of Cumin
3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
splash of Lemon Juice
Chop your tomatoes and onion into small pieces. Place them in a bowl together. Use a garlic press, and add the garlic. Chop your pepper into small pieces and add to the bowl. Add more of the pepper if you like your salsa hotter. This is a mild recipe.
Pick up your leaves, stack them together and roll them like a tiny cigar. Chop the "cigar" into very small pieces. Add to the bowl and mix together. Sprinkle your salt, and cumin, and add the apple cider vinegar and splash of lemon juice. Mix everything together. Put the mix into a medium size sauce pan, and place on the stove on medium high heat. Heat for 10 minutes.
Boil water and place the lids and rings into the pot to boil and sterilize them for 10 minutes.
Distribute the salsa between the jars leaving a 1/4" from the top.
Place the lids and the rings onto the jars. Make sure that the seal from the rim of the lid lines itself up to the jar.
Set up the water bath by filling the pan with about 4" of hot water. Place the jars in to the water on the rack. The water should be 1"-2" above the jar lid.
Boil for 20 minutes. Then turn off the heat, and remove the lid so the pot can cool off.
Remove the jars from the pot. Let jars cool completely.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Thank you to Stacy from Food Lust People Love for hosting such a fun theme!
Here's what everyone else made today!
- Blackberry Chia Seed Jam from Books -n- Cooks
- Cherry Lemon Jam from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Blackberry Preserves from The Redhead Baker
- Gilded Bluebarb Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Hamburger Dill Chips from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piri Piri Hot Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Southwestern Salsa from The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Peach Jam from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spiced Vanilla Rhubarb Jam from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Balsamic Syrup from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon Butter from Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Fruit Roll-Ups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Dried Pineapple from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Fermented Spicy Daikon Spears + A Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Simple Pickled Cabbage from Simply Healthy Family
- How to Freeze Blueberries from Pies and Plots
- Peach Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roast Tomato Soup with Basil-Butter Croutons from Caroline's Cooking
- Summer Veggies from Momma's Meals
- Raspberry Vinegar from Magnolia Days
- Black Radish Pickles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Bread & Butter Pickles from Adventures in All Things Food
- Homemade Bread and Butter Pickles from Life Tastes Good
- Mustard Pickles from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Pickled Cherries with Five Spices from Nosh My Way
- 5 Food Preservation Tips from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.