Swim Ring Cakes
2 cups Cake Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 cup Buttermilk
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons Butter, melted
3/4 cup Warm Water
5 tablespoons Meringue Powder
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
2.25 pounds Confectioner's Sugar
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
Sift your cake flour, sugar and baking powder into your mixing bowl.
Add the buttermilk, 2 eggs, vanilla and butter to the dry mix. Beat until combined.
Fill the pan 2/3 of the way full. I used a cake decorating bag filled with the batter to fill the pan. It was clean, easy and quick to fill. You can also use a spoon to fill each cake opening. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Make the frosting by placing the warm water and the meringue powder in a large mixing bowl.Mix for 30 seconds. Add cream of tartar and mix for 30 seconds more. Add confectioner's sugar all at once. Mix on low for 10 minutes. Mix different colors in small bowls for your doughnuts. You will need to add a small amount of warm water to the frosting to reach the desired consistency.
Frost and decorate!
Now, let's get this party started! Check out what everyone else brought to the Pool Party!
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline's Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma's Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- 5 Fantastic Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M's Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook