I love chicken, and I can (and do) eat it pretty much everyday. So, when I discovered that we would be creating "Veggies as a Main Dish" today for #SundaySupper, I was at somewhat of a loss on what to make. Then I remembered something that helped me come up with this Portobello Stack. I used to run a kitchen in southern Utah, where the restaurant was in a hotel, and the manager of the hotel was vegetarian. However, our most popular dishes were Prime Rib and Pork Ribs! The manager was always asking me to make her some type of vegetarian dish, so I became familiar with creating dishes that made her feel full and happy, but were vegetarian. This Portobello Stack is one of those dishes. If you like mushrooms, this is definitely for you! It is full of four different kinds, and it has peppers, green onions, and tomatoes added for a wonderful robust flavor! Plus, I think you will really enjoy the sauce that is drizzled over the top!
(makes 2 stacks)
2 Portobello Mushrooms
4 oz. Mixed Mushrooms of Crimini, Shiitake, and Oyster
4 ounces Mix of red, orange, and yellow Peppers, cut in strips
4 Green Onion Stalks
2 San Marzano Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
3 tablespoons Sour Cream
2 slices Avocado
Cut what is left of the stems from the Portobello mushrooms, then saute the mushrooms in butter. Cook on both sides until the mushrooms are done. You can check by sticking a toothpick in them. If it goes through the mushroom easily, it is done.
Saute the peppers and green onions, and add the tomatoes....
Saute the mixed mushrooms in an other pan.
While the veggies are sauteing, mix together the sweet chili sauce and the sour cream.
As the veggies are ready, start to build the stack. Place the peppers and tomatoes on the mushroom.
Add mushrooms and more peppers.
Drizzle the sauce over the stack and on the plate.Add an avocado slice on top, and drizzle a little more sauce.
Enjoy, and Thank you for joining me today!
Scroll down the page and see all the wonderful Veggie dishes created by fellow members of #SundaySupper !
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan by The Crumby Cupcake
- Butternut Squash Kale Lasagna by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Crème Fraîche and Fried Sage Leaves by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Veggie Bake by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Eggplant Rollatini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggplant Rollatini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Oatmeal Nutella Pumpkin Muffins by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grandma Pizza with Dried Tomatoes by Get the Good Stuff!
- Greek Stuffed Baked Zucchini by The Weekend Gourmet
- Harissa-Roasted Vegetables with Couscous by Caroline’s Cooking
- Moroccan-style Lentil Chickpea Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tart by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Polenta with Aged Gouda, Chard & Wild Mushrooms by 30A Eats
- Portobello Stack by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake by gotta get baked
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Potato and Spinach Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Shiitake Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze Over Polenta by Fearless Dining
- Stuffed Butternut Squash by Life Tastes Good
- Vegan Sandwich with Fresh Veggies by Healing Tomato
- Vegetable Pizza by Feeding Big and more
- Vegetable Strudel by Palatable Pastime
- Vegetarian Chili by Wholistic Woman