3 cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
3/4 to 1 cup Water
Chicken-grilled w/ chipotle seasoning
Sauteed Peppers and Onions
Mexican Style Cheese
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Add the oil and enough water so that it is soft, but not sticky. Let rest for 30 minutes. Weigh the dough and divide it into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Roll out each piece into 6-8" circles. Don't worry about having perfect circles.
You can cook your flatbread on a griddle if you have one, but they can also be cooked on medium heat in a frying pan. Add a small amount of oil to the pan, and brush it all over. Brush both sides of your flatbread also.
You will start to see bubbles in the flatbread. Flip it over to the other side.
Cook for a minute or two longer. Set aside.
I set the "Design You Own Flatbread" Table so that it offered BBQ Pork, Shrimp, Chicken, and Beef. That should cover most of your guests. Then I expanded on each of the entree categories to include items that compliment them.
With the Shredded Pork BBQ, I also offered beans, slaw, and BBQ sauce. The pork was made in the eastern Carolina style.
With the shrimp, I offered a creamy shrimp sauce, scallions, mozzarella cheese, and lettuce, similar to what you would find on a 'Po Boy sandwich.
For the beef, I grilled a London Broil and sliced it down very thin. To accompany it I added sauteed peppers and onions, and a three cheese shredded cheese mix, chopped lettuce and fresh mozzarella.
For the Southwestern Flatbread I offered small diced pieces of chicken, cooked with a chipotle seasoning, salsa, fresh avocado, a Mexican cheese blend, and sour cream.
I also added some hummus and sauteed mushrooms to the table. The toaster oven at the end of the table? That is to heat your flatbread, and melt your cheese! Five minutes on toast does it.
Of course, the whole idea is to "Design Your Own Flatbread", so you want your guests to mix it up and build their flatbread how they enjoy it! I wanted to show you how I got to my decision of what kinds of flatbread toppings to offer.
This is the Southwestern Flatbread:
I topped the flatbread with salsa first, then I added chicken, sauteed peppers and onions, and the Mexican cheese blend. It went in to the toaster oven for about 4 minutes (as soon as the cheese melted). After that I added the sour cream, more salsa and fresh avocado pieces. It was incredible!
This idea was a lot of fun to plan, cook, and eat! There are so many combinations of food that you could come up with, and it doesn't have to be the whole party. I planned it to be only one stop in a party full of food!
The Sunday Supper family has many more recipes for the "Big Game". No matter if you are entertaining a gang or just yourself, I know you will find something you love! Just scroll down!
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement