These BBQ Filet Beef Tips are one of my favorite meals. I first had this meal many moons ago at my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. Whenever my husband and I celebrated birthdays we would go to this special spot. It was out in the middle of the desert, and the owners had turned the old ranch house into a restaurant I will never forget. It was charming and rustic, and they had a huge open grill where they cooked the steaks. They made their steak tips with sirloin instead of filet, but because we are talking about lean beef this week, I wanted to make this plate using my favorite cut of beef, filet mignon. This meal is easy to make, the beef tips melt in your mouth, and it's the perfect meal to celebrate a special occasion!
BBQ Filet Beef Tips
(printable recipe at end of post)
1 Baking Potato
10 ounce Filet Mignon Steak
2-3 Mushrooms, sliced
2-3 Onion Slices
Cut the steak into small bite size pieces. Discard any fatty pieces. I do not think it is necessary to season the filet. It has a wonderful flavor on its own. However, if you want to season it, now would be the time.
Wash the potato, cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half. Cut slices, rinse slices with cold water and place each slice on a baking sheet. I only put them on the baking sheet because when I am frying them I want to fry similar size pieces together. Fry in a medium size pan on the stove with medium high heat. When they are brown enough, place them on a paper towel to drain. Season with salt if desired.Cook the steak on medium high in a frying pan with a pat of melted butter.
In a separate pan, melt a pat of butter and fry the mushroom and onion slices.
Serve with a side of BBQ sauce, and enjoy your special meal!
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Special thanks to Sarah, blogger at The Chef Next Door for hosting today's very tasty event!
Scroll down to find a lot more tasty and delicious lean meat recipes from the Sunday Supper family.
Appetizers, Soups, and Salads
- Baked Kibbeh with Yogurt Sauce by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Wedding Soup by Hardly A Goddess
- Lighter Tex-Mex Albondigas Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spaghetti and Meatball Soup by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Taco Salad Wonton Cups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Thai Steak Salad with Noodles by Positively Stacey
- Warm Steak Salad by Food Done Light
Lean Ground Beef Recipes
- Cheeseburger Stew by Our Good Life
- Cheesesteak Bruschetta by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Clean Eating Sloppy Joes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Old Fashioned Porcupine Meatballs by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Shepherd’s Pie by Simple and Savory
- Smothered Hamburger Steaks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spaghetti Squash with Chili by Recipes Food and Cooking
- BBQ Filet Beef Tips by The Freshman Cook
- Beef Broccoli Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Beef Ddukboki (Non-Spicy Sautéed Korean Rice Cakes) by kimchi MOM
- Beef Steak Fajitas by Asian In America
- Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black Pepper Beef with Broccoli and Noodles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Sriracha Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls by Family Foodie
- Skinny Beef Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Sandwiches and Wraps
- Asian Steak Lettuce Wraps by The Chef Next Door
- My Big Lean Greek Beef Wrap by Go Epicurista
- Slow Cooker Tuscan French Dips by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps by Pies and Plots
- Spicy Beef Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Eggs Wraps by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Baked Chicken Fried Steak by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chile Lime Flank Steak Tacos by The Redhead Baker
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Vegetable Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flank Steak Roulades by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flank Steak with Chimichurri by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Garlic Sirloin Steak with Rosemary by Cooking Chat
- Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime