Today, we are celebrating pizza, and I thought I would share my very favorite pizza item, the Pizza Steak Hoagie. Growing up, the pizza steak hoagies that I loved were made with cube steak slices that were pounded down and tenderized. I thought I would change that up by using filet mignon for a taste that simply melts in your mouth.
Pizza Steak Hoagie
(printable recipe at end of post)
(makes 2 Sandwiches)
1-8 ounce Filet Mignon
1/2 medium Onion
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 Hoagie Rolls
Trim the fat edges off of the steak. Cut the steak across the thickness of the steak. Use a meat mallet to pound down in to thin slices. Cut off any large fat pieces you may have missed.
Slice onion in to thin slices.
Cook the fat in a frying pan. Remove the fat pieces, but leave the juice from the fat.
In a separate pan, saute the onions in a pat of butter.
Pan fry the steaks, to medium rare, in the pan where you cooked the fat.
Spread the pizza sauce on to the bread. Add the sauteed onions to the bottom piece and the cheese to the top piece.
Place under broiler until onions are hot and cheese is melted.
Place meat on top of onions.
Enjoy your Pizza Steak Hoagie!
Thank you for joining me today and Thank you to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for being our host for this fun and tasty event!
Here is what the rest of the #SundaySupper family created for today!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Mini Pepperoni Pizza Frittatas by The Weekend Gourmet
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by Yummy Smells
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Blackberry, Basil and Ricotta Pizza by Authentically Candace
- Breakfast Platter Pizza by al2getherfit
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Enchilada Pizza by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Smoked BBQ Brisket Pizza by From Gate to Plate
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spinach, Chorizo, and Artichoke Pizza by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Yield: 2 SandwichesAuthor: The Freshman CookPrint Recipe
Pizza Steak Hoagie
- 1-8 ounce Filet Mignon
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Pizza Sauce
- 2 Hoagie Rolls
- Trim the fat edges off of the steak. Cut the steak across the thickness of the steak. Use a meat mallet to pound down in to thin slices. Cut off any large fat pieces you may have missed.
- Slice onion in to thin slices.
- Cook the fat in a frying pan. Remove the fat pieces, but leave the juice from the fat.
- In a separate pan, saute the onions in a pat of butter.
- Pan fry the steaks, to medium rare, in the pan where you cooked the fat.
- Spread the pizza sauce on to the bread. Add the sauteed onions to the bottom piece and the cheese to the top piece.
- Place under broiler until onions are hot and cheese is melted.
- Place meat on top of onions.
- Enjoy your Pizza Steak Hoagie!