I thought this was a great idea! I concocted this sandwich using leftover ribs and cole slaw. Who says leftovers can't be new again?! This was a tasty and fun way to use up some of them! Hope you enjoy this sandwich!!
Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese(makes 2 sandwiches)
(printable recipe at end of post)
5 Cooked BBQ Ribs
1/4 -1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
6-7 Onion Slices
1/2 loaf Italian Bread
2 tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Cole Slaw
Five rib bones will make enough meat for 2 sandwiches.
Pull the meat off the bones. I heated the bones in the microwave and cut the meat off with a knife. It came off easily.
Chop up the rib meat into smaller than bite size pieces.
Heat the BBQ sauce in a pan, and add the chopped rib meat to heat.
Saute a few onion slices in a frying pan.
Cut 2, 3/4" wide pieces per sandwich from a loaf of Italian bread. This bread gave the sandwich a fantastic flavor. You could also use your favorite bread.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan. Place bread down on the butter and grill it until the butter browns the bread.
Remove bread from pan, and place on baking sheet. Cover with cheese.
Broil in oven until cheese is melted.
Build your sandwich by placing the cheese side up. On one side place the cole slaw. On the other side top the cheese with BBQ and onions.
Add french fries and a some extra sauce. Enjoy!
Thank you for joining me today!
Thank you to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting today's tasty event!
Keep scrolling down to find more amazing grilled cheese recipes from #SundaySupper members!!
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Not Your Average 'Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled 'Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Sweet and Savory 'Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Veggie Loaded 'Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots